Hobbs, Straus, Dean & Walker, LLP is seeking an experienced Associate Attorney to work in its Washington, DC office. We are accepting applications from attorneys with three (3) or more years of experience. The ideal candidate will possess: (1) superior research and writing skills; (2) a strong academic performance history; (3) strong communication skills and (4) a commitment to tribal representation. Prior experience in the field of Indian law is strongly preferred.
Hobbs Straus is a national law firm with offices in Washington, DC; Portland, OR; Oklahoma City, OK; Sacramento, CA; and Anchorage, AK. Hobbs Straus specializes in Federal Indian Law and has worked for over 40 years to realize positive change in Indian Country. Our attorneys are dedicated to promoting and defending Tribal Nations’ rights and exercise of sovereignty, expanding opportunities for Tribal Nations, and improving the lives of American Indians and Alaska Natives.
To apply, interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, law school transcript, writing sample and three professional references to Catherine Harper at email@example.com.
- Conduct legal research and analysis on various legal issues
- Draft and review legal documents
- Represent clients in court proceedings and negotiations
- Manage and prioritize multiple cases and deadlines
- Collaborate with colleagues and other professionals
- Stay updated on changes in laws and regulations relevant to the practice area
- Strong legal drafting skills with the ability to write clear and concise documents
- Proficient in conducting thorough legal research using resources such as Lexis Nexis and Westlaw
- Excellent negotiation skills to effectively represent clients’ interests
- Knowledge of legal administrative procedures and practices
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school
- Admitted to or ability to become admitted to practice law in Washington, DC
- Prior experience working as an attorney or in a similar legal role is preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled attorney to join our team and make a significant impact. We offer competitive compensation, a supportive work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for the law, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: DOE
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Bonus structure
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus Opportunities
Work Location: Washington, DC Office